
Happy Anniversary Mike! Here's to many more years of happiness to come!
We celebrated this past weekend by going to San Francisco. Mike actually had a conference to go to there, so we thought it would be fun for me to join him. We went down Saturday afternoon and explored Chinatown and shopped in Union Square.








That evening was the big opening event for the conference, and they held it at the Academy of Sciences. The whole place was closed for this event, so we were able to see all of the aquarium and other exhibits without the usual large crowd. We also got to see a planetarium show all about how stars are born. After gorging ourselves on yummy food and wine it was time to head back to my new favorite hotel, the W. We were surprised to find that the hotel's front desk staff had left us a bottle of wine and some snacks as a little anniversary gift! Unfortunately we were too full to eat anything!

Our room number was 2004-the year we got married!
Mike and I in the Rainforest exhibit
The next day I enjoyed myself immensely by sleeping in and waking up to a Starbucks delivery from my fabulous husband. I went a did a little more shopping while he was at his morning sessions, then met up with him and a few friends of ours from the university for lunch at 'Wichcraft. I drove home later to pick up Carina from Dave & Gloria's house-yet another HUGE thank you to them for watching the Bean while we got some mommy and daddy time!
I ended up bringing her back to the hotel the next day. (I am really going to miss the "do whatever we want" summer lifestyle) We went swimming in the indoor pool, watched a movie, and had dinner at Bucca di Beppo with our friend Laura (who Carina says looks like Princess Aurora...which I found very sweet even though I apparently do not resemble any Disney Princess)

Mike can't believe we actually ordered a dessert this big!

Neither can Carina!
The next morning we took her to Yerba Buena Gardens (across the street from the W) to ride the carousel. It was such a fun family getaway (even though Mike was working). Carina said the best part of the trip was the elevator in the hotel, and the Bliss Lemon Sage Soapy Sap.
Leave it to our daughter to enjoy the little things...when she's a little older I'll have to take her to the Bliss Spa at the hotel...right Mike?




1 comment:
cute...Now this constitutes a blog...:-)
Post a Comment