Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My 30th Birthday

Yes, I know my birthday was back in October, but I can't believe I didn't blog about it! It's a big deal, joining the "30's" club. I didn't have any big exciting plans, or so I thought....

Mike told me a few weeks before my birthday that he wanted me to take off work my actual birthday (Friday) and the following Monday. I'll admit I complained a bit about this because it is way more work writing sub plans than it is to actually BE at work. However he can be very persuasive ("Just take the time off will you??!!") so I figured he must be up to something.

That Thursday night, he told me he had some work function to go to after class and would be home late. I was a teensy bit suspicious, but he was pretty convincing. I was sitting on the couch folding laundry and watching T.V. when the front door opened...and MY SISTER poked her head in!!! I started jumping up and down (quietly because Carina was asleep) and hugging her like crazy. It was such an awesome surprise! After his class Mike had gone to the hotel where the air-porter dropped her off. He had flown her in from Colorado so we could spend the weekend together!

The next day, Lori and I went to Coldwater Creek Day Spa (yet another surprise) for a day of pampering. We both got massages, facials, and the best pedicures on the planet. It was totally relaxing and really fun to do it with my sister. When we got home I got to open presents (yes I am THAT spoiled) I got a beautiful Mommy & Daughter birthstone necklace from Carina, and Mike completely surprised me with my own iPhone!!! I think he was tired of me always borrowing his :o) Later that night we went to one of my favorite restaurants, Monti's, for dinner with some friends.

Mike, me, Lori, Tracy, Neil & Stephanie with the Monti's bear

Now with Kelley-she took the last pic.


The next day we went to a pumpkin patch in Petaluma. We all had a great time-Carina was so excited to have Auntie Lori there with her!

Later that day we had my birthday dinner (pot roast!) at Dave & Gloria's house. Sunday night we had girls movie night and watched Beauty and the Beast with Carina...she made it about half way through before going to bed, but Lori and I finished it. It reminded me of when we were little watching movies together...especially because we knew all the words!

It was sad to take Lori back to the air-porter the next day. (She insisted that we didn't have to drive her all the way to SFO, which was very nice) It isn't easy living so far apart, but it makes us cherish our visits that much more. I can't wait to see her again soon...and rub her belly! That's right- I'm going to be an AUNTIE! We are going to have a little niece or nephew in January. Carina will have her first cousin! Congrats Lori & Steve!

Thanks again to Mike and Lori for making my 30th birthday so incredible. I will never forget it! I love you both so much!!!

No comments: