Thursday, March 24, 2011

Rescued Blog: Flashback to Newborn Days...

*How nice to relive the joys that are to come...

So I have been a mommy for 7 weeks now...time is really flying by! I can’t believe how much Carina has grown and how much she changes each day. She started smiling about 2 weeks ago (REAL smiles, not just the ones associated with gas) and she coos all the time! Mike and I love to hear her "talk" to us. Check out the newest video of Daddy and daughter chatting away!

I have had so many wonderful, funny, and even a little scary moments since Carina was born, and learned lots of lessons, so I want to write about them whenever I can. For some reason, this is easier than working on her baby book! I’m going to periodically add to this blog over time-we’ll see how it goes!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*They say sleep when your baby is sleeping...that’s all well and good, but what they don’t tell you is that it is very hard to do when you would much rather lay there and watch her sleep! She looks so peaceful...that and I have visual confirmation that she is in fact still breathing and everything is fine!

*I’ve learned housework is like triage-Assess what the most critical need is first, and tackle that immediately. Today when Carina went down for a nap, I was frantically thinking: "Laundry or dishes? Or clean the bathroom? Which chore cannot wait another day?" It was a good day-all 3 got done! Woo hoo!

*I swear my daughter saves her poop for me. It’s like she has to live up the "Daddy’s Princess" logo on several of her outfits: "I’m a sweet little angel and nothing remotely stinky comes out of me" As soon as Mike leaves for work, she gives me that look. After that, what we have deemed as "poop soup" quickly follows. Fun times on the changing table, let me tell you!

*12/1/07: Carina slept through the night! I am still in shock! We did the usual bedtime routine: bath, massage, story, nurse, cuddle, then bed. She went down at 10 pm, and didn’t wake up until 6 am! Woo-hoo! Of course, I kept waking up periodically to check on her, so I didn’t get as much sleep as she did, but who cares?! My little girl is growing up so fast....(sniff)
*12/2/07: Another milestone today-Daddy is giving her a bottle for the first time. Since I have to go back to work in a month, we figured it was time to start taking a bottle. Let the pumping begin! It is very strange being hooked up to that thing, but she’s worth it. I had to stay out of her room while Mike gave it to her because she kept looking over at me (I know, I’m very captivating) After a few minutes, he calls me into the room-Carina was HOLDING the bottle in both hands! I didn’t think 2 month olds could do that! He wasn’t helping her at all! So now something else I have learned-keep a camera in every room in the house, because your child will do something cute or extraordinary and you wont be able to document it!
*12/6/07: So Carina has slept through the night for the past 2 nights...wow, there really IS a Santa Claus! (Not that I ever had any doubt) Of course now I have probably jinxed myself, but it’s still exciting progress.

No comments: