Tuesday, September 16, 2008

An Amazing First...

Believe it or not, but we had to buy our very first package of diapers the other day. Some of you moms probably hate me for saying that! My parents started buying diapers (I think about a package a week) as soon as we told them that I was pregnant. Every time my mom had a coupon or saw them on sale, she bought a package. She also made sure to buy them in a variety of sizes as well. So when they came up to visit before Carina was born, they loaded up the motor home with ALL of the diapers! I wish I had taken pictures of us unloading all of them! Mike and I had packages all over the house and the garage. So finally, after nearly 11 and a half months and including having packs of diapers at Mike's parents house and at day care, we ran out! I know we were incredibly lucky to have nearly a year long supply, so thanks a million Mom and Dad! Now I guess we have to be like all of the other parents out there who actually have to buy their own...although I think my Mom mentioned bringing up more for Carina's birthday!

3 comments:

mommyreview.com said...

that is awesome! We also bought diapers when we were preggo, its a great idea, even more so if the grandparents do it!!

Michelle Wing said...

I just had to buy my first pack last week. That is just because I'm picky though and don't like the brands that I have in the closet that were bought for us!

13 is our Lucky Number said...

Spoiled...Spoiled...Spoiled...just kidding...that was a great idea your parents have. Now you just need to remember that idea when you become a grandparent one day. Next time I get pregnant...thats what I am going to do...1 pack of diapers a week with a coupon...different sizes... I like it.