Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to School

Don't worry everyone, I haven't given up on the blog already! It's just that super busy time of year for teachers and anyone with kids...back to school time! My district started on the 13th, so we've been in full swing for almost 2 weeks now. So far I have to say (and hopefully I'm not jinxing myself) that my job share partner and I have a very sweet class. We deserve it after surviving last year! Carina is back to going to day care a few days a week, and although I miss her on those days I know she's having fun playing with the kids there. So my summer off has come to an end (*sigh*) but I am so thankful to have had so much time at home to just be Mommy :o)

I love the beginning of a new school year. It reminds me of why I wanted to become a teacher. The kids are so excited about starting a new grade, and the teachers are happy to have a fresh start, try new ideas, and have big goals for their students. Although teaching routines and procedures can be a bit tedious, it is SO worth the time spent. I'm excited to watch my students grow and learn this year.

Speaking of growing and learning, Carina is "wow-ing" us daily! It's amazing to see how many words she knows, even if she doesn't say them all yet. If we say "Bailey", she looks at him and says "Bay"! I feel like at any moment she will look at me and say, "Excuse me Mommy, but I would like some banana please." She's so fun and sassy and stubborn, but we love it!

Mike celebrated his 30th birthday a few weeks ago! I love teasing him about being old, but it doesn't bother him. (No fun for me!) I surprised him with a cooking class at Sur la Table. It was a Hawaiin date night, so we got to learn to cook Ahi Tuna with Pineapple Mango Salso, Coconut shrimp, and pineapple-rum sorbet with coconut macademia shortbread cookies. It was lots of fun...especially when it was time to eat-YUM! I even deveined the shrimp-yes, me, little Miss I don't like to get my hands dirty and touch yucky stuff! Mike was very proud of me :o)

Well that's enough of an update for now. My posts may be few and far between until we get settled back into our routine again, but I'll do the best I can. Here is a cute (aren't they all?) picture of Carina in one of her cowgirl outfit from her Great-Grandparents.

3 comments:

13 is our Lucky Number said...

I'm glad you made the time to update all of us. The picture of Carina is too cute and I am SUPER glad that your class is better this year than last year...well at least so far it is. We love you and miss you and can't wait for Aiden to meet Carina....I guess I can't wait for Aiden to meet you too!!!!

Bill and Paige said...

I love the pic of Carina!! I don't ask that you update daily, just every other day:)

Anonymous said...

I have a 2/3 this year and they are very cute. It's a lot different than 5th though.