Saturday, August 2, 2008

Granbury & Great Grandparents

Howdy Y'all!

Well we made it back home from our trip to Granbury, Texas last week. What an amazing time we had! I decided that I would just write a few of my favorite moments from the trip as well as my favorite pictures. Also check out the slide show to the right for the complete album!

*Watching my grandparents meet their first great granddaughter for the first time.
*Carina shattering a plate at Cracker Barrel!
* My Grammy "borrowing" a few little spoons used for samples for Carina to eat with since we forgot to bring a baby spoon! (I told you I would blog about that Grammy! LOL)
*Mike getting to spend LOTS of time with Carina-he's such an amazing Daddy!
*Going to water aerobics with my grandparents-I think my Grandad was the only guy in the class!
*My Grammy singing "Jig-a-low my fanny" (you had to be there!)
*Visiting downtown Granbury and having lunch at Rinky-Tinks...in the sweltering heat!
*Going to the Dr.Pepper plant and having the most well behaved child on the tour :o)*Lunch at the Hard 8 bbq-super good food!
*My Grandad telling me I was lucky to have Mike (very true!)
*Taking pictures with the tree my grandparents had named for Carina.
*Carina riding in the golf cart with Grandad and Mike
*Our special 4 year anniversary dinner with my grandparents and Bill and Sandy
*Carina wearing her first Cowgirl hat and pink boots.
*Staying up late chatting with Grammy and learning more about her life.
*Mike setting up the web cam so we can see them any time we want!

I know I'm forgetting a lot but I wanted to share what a fantastic time we had. I miss my grandparents so much but I'm very thankful that we got to spend an entire week with them. Even though I was there with my husband and baby girl, I still felt like a kid who was having a blast at my grandparents house like I always did. We can't wait to go back! Thanks Grammy and Grandad-we love you!

No comments: