Tuesday, July 29, 2008

10 Months old...



Dear Carina Bean,

You are 10 months old today, and once again I am amazed at how quickly the time seems to have passed. Yesterday when I got the mail there was a catalog in it for planning a baby's first birthday party! I guess it's really time to start thinking about that, even though it's still two months away. It will be here before we know it, and definitely before I'm ready to admit you're growing up.

We just got back from a vacation to Texas to meet your great-grandparents. Daddy and I were so impressed by what a great little traveler you are, and we hope you stay that way. You had lots of people on the plane smiling and laughing. Even after the long flight, you turned the charm on for Grammy Great and Great Grandad. They were so thrilled to meet you, and we had such a wonderful visit. I will always have special memories of our time together there.

You become more of your own person every day. You are quick to let us know when you aren't happy about something, like getting in your car seat sometimes or going to bed. Luckily you are picking up on baby sign language quickly, and that has helped us communicate. You can sign "more", "eat", and "all done". (Mommy is working on "please" and "thank you", but primary needs come before manners I guess!) You also wave and say "hi", and say "mama", "dada", and every once in a while "uh-oh". Sometimes it's just the "uh" part, but you use it appropriately, like when you drop food from your high chair! One day you'll learn that "uh-oh" is said when you've done something on accident.

Speaking of food, we have yet to find something that you don't like! We always give you little bits of what we are eating, and you try it all. Your high chair tray looks like a little baby buffet line sometimes, and you enjoy picking up bites of food and feeding yourself. You even started sharing with us! Daddy especially likes it when you share Goldfish crackers with him. You start laughing when you see someone cut up banana for you, and you gobble that up fast. You have also learned how to drink from a sippy cup...you do quite well until that ends up on the floor too!

You have become much more confident in your ability to pull yourself up, walk while hanging onto things, and climb. The stairs are no longer an obstacle for you! You climb to the top with no problem at all, but we're right behind you the whole time. Such a fearless little girl! We want you to be confident...but please be careful too!

About two weeks ago you learned how to blow kisses, complete with the "mu-ah" sound effect. This is one of my favorite things that you do. Can you get any cuter? You also give big hugs, and every time you put your head down on my shoulder I fall in love all over again. When you give Daddy hugs I can practically see his heart melt. We both love you so much. You are such an incredible child and although we are cherishing every moment, we can't wait to see your personality evolve and change with time. Happy 10 month birthday Miss Bean-We love you to pieces!!!
Love,
Mommy & Daddy
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Bill and Paige said...

Totally crying right now! She's going to love reading these when she gets older:)

I can't believe how big she is already!!