Thursday, July 10, 2008

Letters to Daddy

Mike left today for Chicago for a conference and will be gone until Tuesday night. (For those of you who counted, yes, that is a total of 5 nights I am by myself with a kiddo who doesn't like to sleep at night) I thought it would be fun to keep him filled in on our daily happenings from Carina's perspective:

Dear Daddy,
Thank you for kissing me good-bye this morning when you left for the airport. I was still snoozing away but if I was awake I would have kissed you right back...without teeth, I promise! I had a very fun day with Mommy. We had breakfast, and I helped feed Bailey by flinging Joe's O's onto the floor from my high chair. Then we went to swim lessons. I must say that not only am I the cutest baby in the class, but I'm a great swimmer too! My favorite part was jumping off the wall when we sing "Humpty Dumpty". Of course Mommy has to assist me with this, but she won't hold me back for long! After class we had snacks by the pool with our friends Gretta and Addison. Addison shared her goldfish crackers with me. I tried to save you one because I know how much you like them, but Mommy didn't think you would want one that I had already tasted.
I took a good nap when we got home. Mommy tried to take a nap too, but that never works for her. After another snack we went to Grandma's house to swim again! Our friends Gretta, Addison, and Gina came to swim also. I had so much fun swimming with everyone, especially Auntie Keiko! I'm glad she's home for a long visit this time...she can't resist my cute-ness I guess. We stayed for dinner and I was a little cranky because I was getting tired. I need my beauty sleep! Grandma gave me a bath in the kitchen sink with lots of bubbles and that pleased me greatly. Then Grandpa played with me so Mommy could finish her dinner...she's always wanting to do that. We said good night and headed for home, and I fell asleep in the car because I was quite worn out after such a fun filled day. My Mommy took very good care of me...you should bring her home a present. She keeps saying the words "Coach" and "purse" a lot...I'm not sure what she is talking about but I bet she deserves it!
Well Daddy, it is time for me to go. I hope you have a good time on your trip and that you don't miss me too much. I love you very much and I think you are the best Daddy in the whole world. Did I mention how great Mommy is too? I am going to try not to wake her up too much tonight.
Hugs and Kisses (with no teeth),
Carina Bean

4 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

Very Cute Kimi!! I love the purse hints! You totally deserve it. If he doesn't bring one home, you should take yourself to the outlet store!

JAJ Ballesteros said...

a Coach purse...i like it and think you deserve it...good job using carina to get it...LOL. Miss you!!!!

Mike said...

That was really cute. Thank you for writing it. As for the suggestion about a Coach purse, shameless use of your daughter. :) After all how would I carry it back on the plane? I wouldn't check it and carrying it would only continue to feed the misconceptions about everyone from the "San Francisco" Bay area. See you soon!

mommyreview.com said...

SOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!