Saturday, July 12, 2008

Letters to Daddy #2

Dear Daddy,
Mommy wouldn't let me use the computer last night so I have two days to tell you about now. Yesterday was another fabulous day with Mommy. We had our swim lesson again...the water was pretty chilly but I didn't complain, unlike Mommy who was ready to get out as soon as possible. I told her to toughen up and she stuck with it. After lunch and a nap we went shopping with Auntie Trisha in Petaluma. I was pretty disappointed with this shopping trip. I was on my very best happy baby behavior, waving and smiling at everyone, and Mommy did not buy me anything. We even left Carter's empty handed! Can you believe that?! I was so shocked and Mommy was smiling and bragging about how she showed restraint. I don't think I like that word, but I'm sure I won't hear it next time we go.
Last night was a bit challenging for us. Mommy said it was bedtime and went through our usual routine, but this time she did not come get me when I cried for her! What's the deal with that? I cried for such a long time but I finally fell asleep and slept all night in my crib. I even woke up at 3:30 a.m. and called out to Mommy but it didn't work. In the morning, Mommy was SO happy to come and get me! She jumped up and down and kissed and hugged me and told me that she was incredibly proud of me and of herself. I don't know what she has to be proud of...I did all the work! Mommy told me that it was time for me to learn how to fall asleep on my own, and that I was clean, had a full tummy, and I was safe in my room. Duh, I know all of that! I just like to make you guys come and get me. But if you must sleep, then so be it.
Today we took it easy at home. Later in the afternoon we went and picked up Great Grandma and went to Grandma's house for Game Night. I had a most delicious dinner. I had green beans, cheese, avocado, watermelon, and blueberries! An interesting variety but I enjoyed feeding myself. Grandma also gave me a banana for dessert-yum!
I will try and go to sleep all by myself tonight. I guess it is important, and I know that you and Mommy will always do what is best for me. We're all in this together! I hope you are having fun in Chicago. Did I mention again how wonderful Mommy is and that you should bring her a present? I know you will bring one for me, that's a given! I love you and miss you bunches. Thanks for being the best Daddy ever!
Hugs and Kisses (with no teeth),
Carina Bean
I love my Daddy so much!

2 comments:

The Stiles Family said...

So cute, Kimi....you are working hard for that Coach purse.

Bill and Paige said...

I love it! If you don't get a purse, you should pay yourself for the week and go buy it yourself:)