Monday, October 6, 2008
The smell of Pine Sol makes me smile
We've finally accepted the fact that we don't want our good quality family time to be spent extensively cleaning the house. Between work, Mike's grad school, and a precious little girl who thinks naps are for sissies, we were having a hard time keeping up with the housework. I feel a little pathetic admitting that but it's the truth. Don't get me wrong we are not total slobs, but we needed more than just superficial surface cleaning. So after much cajoling and promises to give up Starbucks (he didn't fall for that) Mike finally succumbed to my pleas for a cleaning lady. She has been here twice so far and let me tell you it is pure heaven. The first time I felt a little weird and even guilty for indulging in such a luxury, but that lasted all of about 9 minutes. Our shower is so clean that I actually feel embarrassed that I thought we had cleaned it well before. My new best friend is probably going to come only once a month, but that is just fine with me. My sanity appreciates it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
You go girl!!! I feel bad being a stay at home mom and having a cleaning lady come twice a month. It is really nice to come home and not have to think about all the cleaning that had to be done. Enjoy it.
I need to convince Jimmy to give me this reward...He'll probably tell me to go back to work though...I'll try...All I want from Santa is a cleaning lady....mmmm....
It is SOOOOOOO WORTH IT!! I finally found a good one again so I am on cloud 9, it just takes a load off.
I want Santa to bring me one too! My puppy makes a lot of messes... yeah, that's it, it's the puppy's fault! :)
I should find out how much one costs just to clean the shower. That's the one thing I can't stand to do.
Yeah for you! Cleaning ladies are awesome! I don't have kids and stay at home, but I'm still looking for one hear in Colorado:)
Enjoy you new found free time!!
Post a Comment