My hubby is the BEST!!! He kept asking me what I wanted for my birthday, and in typical annoying wife form I just kept saying, "Nothing, I don't need anything, blah blah" (which we all know is code for I still want some kind of a present) Well it was all a ruse because he had already bought us tickets to see Phantom in San Francisco!!! We are going December 12th, and another surprise is that we are staying in a hotel overnight & shopping in Union Square the next day!!! I was so shocked...he knows I have been wanting to see Phantom for years. The first time I saw it I was 10 years old. My parents took me to see it after I memorized every word of the soundtrack. (Hmmm...it would appear that I get what I want when I annoy my loved ones...must keep that in mind) Anyway it was the first musical I ever saw and I was totally mesmerized by the experience. I CAN'T WAIT!!! Thank you so much Mike I LOVE YOU!!!I also have to mention that my job share partner organized a surprise party in my classroom today. The kids made a banner that said "Happy Birthday Mrs. Ogg!" and hung it in the room. We all shared a birthday treat of doughnut holes and milk. Many of the kids also made me cards and brought in gifts. I was so surprised and touched by all of the little munchkins-2nd grade is so much fun because the kids still like school and their teachers. I have the best job and today was another reminder of that. Overall the big 2-9 was a wonderful day!!!


5 comments:
What a great present. Are you going kidless?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Happy Birthday Kimi! I always say I turned 29 for the second time this year. :) I hope it's a great year for you! I saw Phantom in San Francisco years ago and it was awesome, hope you have a great time!
OMG I Love Phantom!!! I went in SF when I was at SSU, have soooooo much fun. Happy Birthday too!!
Happy Birthday....is 29 scary?
Tell Mike Good Job!!!! I think husbands don't surprise their wives enough. But it sounds like Mike proved me wrong. Hopefully you will be going kidless...Not sure Carina Bean will sit through a musical at this young age. I can't believe how old we are getting....remember turning 16?
Post a Comment