What's been up with the Ogg's:
1. Carina has decided that her new favorite word is "No" I think she is trying to set a world record for how many times it is possible to say it in one day...even if you don't mean it at all. For example:
"Carina, would you like some milk?" "No!" (Mommy puts milk away) "AAAAAAHHH! I want MILK!!!"
Lord, give me strength...
2. Mike has had an incredibly busy semester with school. He had class three nights a week, so we would see him briefly in the morning and then not until 10 p.m. or later. He had his finals last week, so he is very relieved to be DONE. I am so proud of him-He got the highest grade in one of his classes, and also ended up with a 4.0! Now he has summer school: class 4 nights a week from 6-10 p.m. Fun!
3. I have had an eventful last few weeks at work. Our class put on a little "Spring Fling" performance for their parents and our first grade classes, which ended up being very cute but time consuming! Then my job share partner and I found out that we will actually be teaching 1st grade next year instead of 2nd! We are actually kind of excited about the change and did some last minute observing of the current 1st grade teachers so we can get some ideas for next year. However, I must admit that when I see the current Kindergartners walking back from lunch I get a little nervous-they're so little! I've also had the usual end of year things like Open House, report cards, etc...and then I got bit by the crazy bug and decided it would be fun to have a pancake breakfast on the last day of school! It ended up being really fun and I'll probably do it again next year :o)
4. After months of trying but always being a day late and a dollar short, we finally had luck on Craigs list! I had been searching for a playhouse for our backyard, and we found someone selling one in Petaluma for $40! It's been well loved and isn't super fancy, but Carina doesn't care. She loves it! Plus, Mike and I are feeling queasy about spending $150 or more on something that sits out in the sun or endures any other weather, eventually ending up looking like the one we got. Happy faces all around!

So that is a super quick update to appease all of you who have felt out of touch with the Ogg's (especially Jenny, since I have always suspected her world revolves around mine-jk!). Since I am now officially DONE with school for the summer (besides a week long training-ugh) I will hopefully be able to post more frequently. Carina provides lots of great material so check back again soon!



2 comments:
yeah....welcome back. now teach her J is for Jenny
Yeah! I'm on Jenny's side...I, too, need to know what the Ogg's are up too:)
Post a Comment