Sunday, March 21, 2010

Big words & Prizes




Our little Bean continues to make us laugh and brighten our days with everything she says and does (although we could do without the occassional meltdown and whining!) We really can't complain because she is so much fun!

Most of you know that she is quite the talker. This is truly a blessing because she able go communicate with us clearly, and we haven't had many moments of not understanding what she is saying. Beleive me, she is VERY clear about what she wants. Yesterday she was playing with her princess phone and said, "Oooh, I am frustrated because my phone is not cooperating with me!". No joke...and it was just that the cord was tangled up. I think we should just attach a tape recorder to her for a day to hear all of the funny things she says!

Potty training has been going fairly well. She usually only has accidents when she is engrossed in whatever she is playing with and waits too long to go. She has done very well with going #2 since we instituted the "poo poo prize" system. If you don't want to hear about potty training adventures stop reading now because this may be too graphic for you. Mike and I are not above bribery, so we told Carina that if she went poo poo on the potty all by herself she would earn a prize. This started when we found some great Elmo books in the $1 section of Target. It worked like a charm, so now when she goes #2 she gets so excited and says,"Hooray I get to pick a poo poo prize!". We have them on display for her to choose from. It is like a potty training shrine on our kitchen counter.




Not sure how long we will have to do this though...I'm hoping the novelty will wear off at least before she goes to high school.




The other somewhat gross-no actually forget the somewhat it's completely gross-thing she does after going #2 is she looks at it and tells us what it resembles. I warned you this would be graphic. When she is finished she looks in the potty and says," Hmmm, looks like an S!" Or a 7, or an L, we've had quite the variety. And you can't just take her word for it, you HAVE to look and concur that yes, it does resemble that particular letter or number. The funny thing is she's always pretty accurate! Yes, it is gross but she is so immensely proud of herself that we just have to laugh. Her future boyfriends will enjoy hearing about it too.

Well now that I have likely lost any followers of this blog due to few and far between postings and now THAT story, I'll leave you with this much cuter image to have in your head. Mike was making pizza and let her make her own.



Doesn't that smile make the potty talk worth it?
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Michelle Wing said...

You haven't lost me as a follower yet! Maybe we'll use the prize system in our house when the time comes.

Ali C. said...

I'm down with the poopy talk. Is it bad that I look at J's and figure out what he actually chewed and what he just swallowed?

April said...

That's hilarious! I still follow you too! Hey at least she knows her letters! :)