The day after Easter, Carina, Auntie Keiko and I drove down to So Cal to visit with family and friends. Mike was supposed to go with us, but he had a last minute change of plans. The week before, he found out he had to go to Hawaii...with the womens tennis team....yeah, I know. I've been giving him a little bit of a bad time about it, but he truly did need to go. The team had a match there and wouldn't have been eligible to play unless they had university official present. Due to a variety of other circumstances, neither their coach or athletic director could go, so Mike was asked to take the team. He had a great time and the players won all their matches! I'm hoping I can find some kind of teacher's conference in the Bahamas...
Anyway, Carina was SUCH a trooper for the long drive down. She slept for a few hours, then watched a couple movies. The DVD player that mounts on the back of the headrest was an excellent purchase. She also obeyed the number one rule in the car: "No barfing, no whining!"
When we finally got to my parents house, Carina got to partake in yet another egg hunt! That Easter Bunny certainly made his way to all the appropriate houses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment