Saturday, April 17, 2010

Easter 2010


It was pouring down rain Easter Sunday, so we had to stick to indoor egg hunts! The Easter Bunny left a basket of goodies for Carina at our house, and she quickly found the eggs he hid in our living room. She is pretty skilled at finding them now, so we will have to make it a bit more challenging next year for sure! Of course I guess it is pretty to find eggs when you don't have any competition. Mike showed a lot of restraint!
The Easter Bunny brought her the Sleeping Beauty DVD, a Princess and the Frog book, Little Mermaid socks, and some Mickey Mouse fruit snacks. Can you tell we are indoctrinating her with all things Disney? I have managed to keep the princess paraphernalia to a minimum up until now, but I think that will end after our trip to see the mouse in June!

Later that afternoon we headed up to Grandma and Grandpa's house for another egg hunt and Easter dinner. The Easter bunny had been there too, and Carina was thrilled to have so many treats! Being the truly awesome parents we are, we failed to take any pictures. I think the weather threw us off our game. What really bums me out about it though is that now I cannot share pictures of Carina in her super cute dress. Since it was so cold she wore it with leggings and a sweater...doesn't really say "springtime"! Hopefully the weather will be sunnier next year!

No comments: