Monday, June 28, 2010

Mike's M.B.A. Graduation!

After two long years of hard work and many hours away from home, Mike completed his Masters in Business Administration degree! I am so proud of him! When he first got accepted to the program, we knew that it meant some very long days for him which would in turn mean days/nights of just me home with the Bean. There were a few semesters where he would leave for work at 7:30 in the morning, and then get home close to 11 p.m. That meant he wouldn't see Carina until the next morning, and even then it was only for a little bit as we were getting ready for work. They really enjoyed having cereal and milk together in the morning! So it was a big sacrifice because he hated not getting to spend as much time with the family as he would have liked, but he made it through and we know that it will end up paying off in his career.

Graduation at SSU was Memorial Day weekend, and his ceremony was in the afternoon. It was really hot, and because of the timing Carina was going without a nap. She was very patient-commencement ceremonies are SO long-and luckily she had Grandpa and I to walk around with her while we waited for them to call Daddy's name. I do have to say that I was seriously impressed with their "port-a-potties". Good thing too, since we made at least 5 trips to them. They were these big air conditioned trailers that had multiple stalls and sinks. We didn't have to hold our breath or anything! I know, I am easily pleased, but when your child has to go it's nice to go in style.

When they finally called the MBA graduates we raced back to our seats, cheered loudly for Daddy, and not long after she laid down in my lap and fell asleep! This is highly unusual for our child, but again, no nap and lots of heat will make you exhausted when you're 2! She stayed asleep throughout the rest of the ceremony, and while I carried her across campus to where the Business Department had their reception. She then promptly woke up after Daddy asked if she wanted a strawberry and a cookie.
Me, Mike, Gloria and one wiped out kiddo
Future SSU alum? Only if you promise strawberries & cookies in class!

Afterward we went to a nice sushi dinner with Dave and Gloria. It was a great way to celebrate Mike's big accomplishment. Congratulations babe! We love you!!!

This one is my favorite!

I am so happy to have him home on weeknights now!

No comments: