Friday, June 4, 2010

More from the So. Cal Trip

Carina and I had so much fun on our little trip together. We had great quality time with my parents, which of course included a few golf cart rides:
No, that is not an official police golf cart, just a fancy emblem. Once a cop, always a cop :o) I guess some people in their community do think he is a security officer sometimes. That is until they see him holding a pitcher of margaritas on his way to karaoke at the lodge. Love you Dad!!!
Carina and Chesty enjoyed some Sesame Street in the mornings. I didn't get a picture of the ever elusive Darla. She prefers to have a little distance when people other than my parents are around. Obviously this made her even more intriguing to Carina who made it her life's mission to search for Darla all over the house. She would patrol the grounds yelling, "Darla! Come here girl! Woooo-woot!" That last thing was the closest I could get to describing Carina "whistling" for Darla to come to her.

We even squeezed in a trip to the San Diego Wild Animal Park! I had never been there before, and I knew Carina would love it since she loves zoos so much. We had a great time, and I thought I took a bunch of great pictures but I didn't realize my camera was on video mode. What I ended up with are a bunch of 1-2 second videos...yes I know my attention to detail needs work. Luckily my Dad took some so I'll have those. I did take this picture of her with my phone just as we walked through the gates.

Thanks for everything Mom & Dad! You're the best!!!

We were also lucky enough to get to spend some time with my best friend Jenny and her son Aiden! We drove out to Claremont and met them at Aiden's preschool, My Gym, where we got to be guests for the day. It was so cute-their preschool program is wonderful, and Carina had a fabulous time playing, singing, and of course having snack. She has a new found love for trampolines too!


After nap that day, Jenny and I took them to one of our favorite Claremont parks-Higginbothom Park, otherwise known as the "train park". I was still having the same issue with my camera (ignorance is bliss you know) so I only have this picture of Aiden and Carina going down the slide. They played so well together!

The next day Jenny and I took the kiddos to Victoria Gardens to have their picture taken at The Picture People. The picture of Carina and Aiden turned out cute, and I absolutely love the individual ones they took of Carina. I don't know if the link still works so I will have to try and scan the pictures in later. After that we met my good friend Meg and her daughter Corinne for lunch. It was so great to see them, although now our visits mostly consist of chasing our kids around!

Thank you Ballesteros Family for letting us crash at your house and eat your food! We love you!

2 comments:

Liz Robitaille said...

I see I rubbed off on you! lol Love the pic of you parents and Carina in the golf cart. Tell your parents I say Hi!
I pay too must attention to detail sometimes so forgive me but I'm curious do those shoes really work? :o) I don't know anybody that has a pair.

13 is our Lucky Number said...

you guys can crash at our place anytime. I have pictures for you from your trip. I wsa going to mail them to you with Mike's glasses...but um they never came in. So now you will have to pick them up during your DLand Trip. We love you tons!!!!!
BTW Liz the shoes do work.