Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Finally Wrapping Up the Holidays

No worries, I have not given up blogging! Life has been busy at the Ogg house and I wanted to make sure I had time to devote to a good quality blog :o) So here is a quick update on where I left off with our marathon holiday celebration:

The day after Christmas we flew down to Southern California to visit with my parents for a week. We had a great time relaxing, driving around in my dad's souped up golf cart, and trying to keep Carina from opening every door in the house-a trick she learned approximately 37 seconds after walking in the door. She was the star of the neighborhood while we were there, and all of their friends were so sweet to us. Carina also became good friends with my parents dogs, Chesty and Darla. Chesty was particularly taken with Carina and was very good with her, even after Carina became obsessed with grabbing Chesty's little nub of a tail!

Mike and I decided to be crazy and drive to Vegas and back in one day to visit his grandparents. I know it sounds nuts but it actually ended up working out great! We left early in the morning, spent several hours with his grandparents and were back before 11 p.m. It was a long day but Carina was a traveling champion. We stopped at a Bob's Big Boy for dinner in the ever so exciting city of Baker (home of the world's largest thermometer) She loved the Bob statue so we took her picture with it...now whenever we show it to her she says "Bob!"

We also spent time with my Mimi, our good friends Meg, Doug, and their new baby girl Corrine, and my best friend Jenny and her son Aiden. We would have loved to spend more time with everyone but as usual the week flew by too fast. We had a wonderful time with my parents, and I know that they loved spending time with their little granddaughter. She loves her Papa and Gigi and can't wait to see them again soon! Here are some of my favorite pictures from the trip.
Carina and her shopping cart
Papa, Gigi & Carina at the Mission Inn


Mimi & Carina

My best friend Jenny & Carina's future husband Aiden-He was a little sleepy obviously!

3 comments:

13 is our Lucky Number said...

I'm loving the pic's....Miss you guys...we need to have a web cam dinner date soon!!!!

The Stiles Family said...

Sounds like a fun trip.

Anonymous said...

She looks so grown up with her little shopping cart.