Merry Christmas! We were up early Christmas Day of course, but I had no problem getting up because I was so excited for Carina to see what Santa brought her, and open her presents from us too! We had practiced opening up presents a few days before: Mike wrapped up his Blackberry for her to open and that did the trick. She is now a pro! Mike went downstairs first to start coffee (yay!) and take a few pre-present opening pictures. Carina and I waited upstairs until we had the "all clear" from Daddy. This is a tradition I had growing up and I was happy to continue it! Carina was super excited to see that Santa brought her a Rody-she started bouncing right away and wasn't too interested in anything else for a while. Then we called my grandparents in Texas on the web cam so they could see Carina open up their present. They got her a Bounce n' Spin Smart Pony! The web cam has really been the best thing for our family since we are so spread apart. We talked with Papa and GiGi on the web cam too before we packed up to head over to Mike's mom's house. We had a delicious breakfast of Swedish pancakes and banana fritters-yum! Then it was on to more present opening. Carina got a big rocking/bouncing/talking horse...apparently Santa and all of our relatives know how much energy Carina has! It was really a wonderful Christmas, and Mike and I had so much fun watching Carina take it all in. The holidays are so different now that we are experiencing them with our daughter. She is such an incredibly happy little girl and we can't help but smile every time we look at her. She really is the very best gift of all :o) ("Awwww"...come on you know you said it!)
Monday, December 29, 2008
Christmas Day 2008!
Merry Christmas! We were up early Christmas Day of course, but I had no problem getting up because I was so excited for Carina to see what Santa brought her, and open her presents from us too! We had practiced opening up presents a few days before: Mike wrapped up his Blackberry for her to open and that did the trick. She is now a pro! Mike went downstairs first to start coffee (yay!) and take a few pre-present opening pictures. Carina and I waited upstairs until we had the "all clear" from Daddy. This is a tradition I had growing up and I was happy to continue it! Carina was super excited to see that Santa brought her a Rody-she started bouncing right away and wasn't too interested in anything else for a while. Then we called my grandparents in Texas on the web cam so they could see Carina open up their present. They got her a Bounce n' Spin Smart Pony! The web cam has really been the best thing for our family since we are so spread apart. We talked with Papa and GiGi on the web cam too before we packed up to head over to Mike's mom's house. We had a delicious breakfast of Swedish pancakes and banana fritters-yum! Then it was on to more present opening. Carina got a big rocking/bouncing/talking horse...apparently Santa and all of our relatives know how much energy Carina has! It was really a wonderful Christmas, and Mike and I had so much fun watching Carina take it all in. The holidays are so different now that we are experiencing them with our daughter. She is such an incredibly happy little girl and we can't help but smile every time we look at her. She really is the very best gift of all :o) ("Awwww"...come on you know you said it!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I love the 1st picture of her with her mouth open! So cute! Looks like it was a great Christmas!
Looks like you guys had fun...I think Aiden got the same huge rocking horse that talks....
Those Rody's are AWESOME!! Love her facial expressions soooo priceless
Post a Comment