Monday, December 1, 2008

She really is a peanut!


Carina had her 1 year well baby check up yesterday. Yes, she has been a year old for 2 months, but Kaiser does the 1 year check up between 12 and 15 months old. Anyway, the Bean is in excellent health. Well, I'm assuming she is...it was rather hard to hear the doctor over her protests of having to put her clothes back on. Dr. Miller said as soon as he walked in "14 months old? She'll be fussing in 2 minutes!" I thought, "Oh no, not my sweet, easy-going little girl." Ha ha...rookie mommy assumption. She was in a bit of a stubborn mood, and nothing in my diaper bag of tricks interested her in the least. I finally just put her down and let her run back and forth across the exam room, and prayed there was a huge vat of Purell somewhere to dip her in! I try not to be a germ phobe, but doctor offices are just paradise for all sorts of little critters.

So as I was saying, she is doing great. Dr. Miller did comment that she was a bit on the small side, but he wasn't concerned because she has shown consistent growth overall. She weighs 19 pounds, 13 ounces and is 30.5 inches tall. (No forward facing car seat yet!) She is in the 14th percentile for weight! He wants to see her again in about 4 months to check her growth. I told him not to expect too much-it's not like she is coming from a family of NBA players! I somehow managed to get her clothes back on and head over to the nurses office for her battery of shots. The poor thing was due for 5 vaccines! I had the option of spreading them out over several visits, but her doctor said it was fine to do them all at once. So being the caring mother I am I decided that my daughter could be a human pin cushion to avoid multiple trips to Kaiser. Of course she was not thrilled about the shots, but the nurse was super fast and blew bubbles when she was done to distract her. Carina was such a little trooper that I rewarded her with a Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks afterward...oh wait that was me...she was asleep within 3 minutes of being in the car! We are so lucky that our little Peanut is a happy, healthy, and active little girl!

3 comments:

13 is our Lucky Number said...

you forgot to mention how lucky you are that she is ADORABLE too!!! I hate taking the baby to the doctor's...but you just made the visits sound like fun!!!!

The Stiles Family said...

She is so cute.
Doctor's visits are always a fun adventure. At times there, I feel like the worlds worst mom because I cannot control him. I am glad he is two and we don't have to go back until he is 3.

Liz Robitaille said...

She should hang out with by friends daughter. She just turned two and is only 21 lbs and still wears a 18 month clothes!