Monday, December 15, 2008

My Birthday Present

Mike got me tickets to see Phantom of the Opera for my birthday back in October, and although at the time December 12th seemed far away our big weekend was suddenly here! We had a wonderful dinner at the Market Street Cafe right across from the theater. (I highly recommend the gorgonzola-walnut ravioli!) By the time we got to our seats I was so excited-I must have asked Mike what time it was at least 6 times! I vividly remember seeing Phantom for the first time as a kid, and I couldn't wait to experience it again. I wasn't disappointed! It was incredible-I even had goosebumps during some of the scenes! Mike enjoyed it too, which I hope means he'll want to see more shows in the future. The next morning we got up early, (I guess we can't sleep in even when we have the chance!) had breakfast and shopped the rest of the day in Union Square. It was really nice spending time together as a couple-my hubby spoils me rotten and I love it! We were anxious to get back to Carina, who is getting her molars and had a bit of a cold. I felt so terrible leaving her at her grandparnent's when she wasn't feeling well, but apparently she was just fine! Mike you are the best and I had so much fun-I love you!

Yes, we saw Phantom, not "ntom"...this is what you get when you ask random people to take your picture!

Ah, shopping paradise! I love Union Square at Christmas time!

5 comments:

13 is our Lucky Number said...

I am so glad you guys had fun. It is so sweet when husbands put thought into birthday gifts. I am glad you guys survived a night away from Carina Bean!!!! I am even happier that she was GREAT for Grandma and Grandpa. when are you going to let her come stay a weekend and her future in-laws house?????

Kimi said...

Ha ha ha...no "shacking up" until they are done with college :o)

Liz Robitaille said...

I'm happy you had fun at "NTOM"! :o)
Jimmy usually gets me a trip to somewhere, but I think it's only because he gets to go along too!

mommyreview.com said...

Oh so jealous, looks like a great time. I want to go with next time ;)

Ali C. said...

I saw Phantom for the first time in Vegas last year. The guy in the mask scared me a bit and I still have nightmares.