Monday, December 8, 2008

A Tribute...

I went Christmas shopping with Mike's Mom, Aunt Lynn, and cousin Trisha yesterday. This is a tradition we started about 4 years ago, and we definitely shopped till we dropped! We were in Corte Madera, and I had a coupon for Gymboree so I decided to find an outfit for Carina there. I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with that store. I think their clothing is super cute and good quality, but I usually can't bring myself to buy anything that makes my eyes pop out of their sockets when I look at the price tag. I know they are not the most outrageously priced children's store, but when I know that Carina will out grow the clothes so quickly it's hard for me to justify buying them. So because I am a bit of a nut and maybe a little over-caffeinated, I have composed a song to dedicate to Gymboree. (Don't make fun of me, this is my blog and I can be as ridiculous as I want!)

Oh Gymboree
(think Oh Christmas Tree)

Oh Gymboree, oh Gymboree
Why must you be so pricey?

Your clothes are so adorable
Wish they were more affordable

Oh Gymboree, oh Gymboree
Why must you be so pricey?

A dress that costs $79
Won't even fit in two weeks time

Oh Gymboree, oh Gymboree
Why must you be so pricey?

I try to buy on sale but still,
Mike would faint if he saw the bill!

Oh Gymboree, oh Gymboree
Why must you be so pricey?


(I did get her an outfit of course, but it's a Christmas present so I'll post pics of her in it later!)





5 comments:

13 is our Lucky Number said...

your funny!!!! Aiden only wears Gymboree...isn't that pathetic. I just buy off the sale rack or use my gym bucks. And I never put his gymboree clothes in the dryer. He has been wearing his football line for about 3 months now....and he hasn't grown out of it yet. Besides...didn't you see the new zebra and hot pink line!!!! Super Cute!!! There is even a shir tthat says Wild About my Daddy!!!! But my problem is that I have a boy and Target and Kohls boy clothes are YUCK!!!!

Michelle Wing said...

I love your song! I feel the same way. I went to get a Christmas outfit for Andrew and couldn't justify spending the $80 so we didn't get it.

mommyreview.com said...

LMAO!!! I feel the same way about Gymboree, Pumpkin Patch and Janie and Jack and ya you get the picture. My best friend buys EVERYTHING gymbo and the kids wear it once or twice and then it goes on Ebay. If I was that dedicated I might do that, too much energy for that. haha I just get gymbucks when I can :)

Bill and Paige said...

I love your song! But I do love gymboree. I've already bought her more outfits from there than I care to say:) I just hide them from Bill:)

The Stiles Family said...

There sale items are usually good....for boys that is. I haven't hit the girl section much yet. I have bought a few things there for her.

Your song was very creative. You always make me laugh Kimi.