Monday, February 2, 2009

Our Trip to Tahoe


Our annual family ski trip was over the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday weekend. The cabin Mike's mom and Dave rented was AMAZING...we all agreed it was the best one yet! I was pretty worried when we walked in and saw all of the stairs. Multi-level floors and toddlers do not mix, but I was incredibly relieved when I saw there were baby gates for us to use! Disasters averted!
It's funny how our trip has changed over the years. We used to get up super early and rush to be the first ones on the slopes. This year, we took our time in the morning and didn't end up getting to Alpine until 10 a.m. Gloria said she would hang out with Carina in the lodge, so I was able to ski all day with Mike, Dave, and Keiko. Although the snow levels were low, the weather was beautiful and we had a blast!
Mike and I took Carina sledding in front of the cabin. She seemed to have a lot of fun, and looked so cute in her snow suit and boots! She was very curious about the snow, and liked holding it in her hand and then throwing it. It's really fun to watch her experience things for the first time.
We can't wait until she is old enough to go to ski school...although we will probably be the parents who are up on the lift looking down at all the little kids in the classes, and there will be our daughter heading over to a black diamond run! Seriously, the child has no fear...who will keep up with her?
Overall we had a fabulous time and can't wait to go back next year. Thank you Dave and Gloria for another fun vacation!

1 comment:

13 is our Lucky Number said...

Too much fun!!!! I can't wait to see you guys again!