Me: Carina would love this! And she'll be able to use it for a while too, probably until she's five.
Mike: Really? It's kind of small.
Kelley (a friend of ours): Look! There is a little girl over there, I'll ask her to sit in it so you can get an idea of the size. (Kelley asks the mom of this little girl nearby if we can use her as a model, which she says is fine)
Me: Thank you! That table is the perfect size for you! How old are you?
Little Girl: I'm five.
Me (to Mike) Ha! I told you so!
Mike: Ok, so we need a table and a chair.
Me: You mean 2 chairs.
Mike: Why do we need 2 chairs? We have one child.
Me & Kelley: What?! You don't buy a table and ONE chair-what if she wants to have a tea party with a friend?
Mike: She doesn't really have any friends now.
Me: She does too! And when they come over they won't have any place to sit! We are buying TWO chairs.
Mike: Ok, we're buying 2 chairs.
So since we have had the table, Carina has had 2 little friends over and they have thoroughly enjoyed dining at it! It feels good to be right :o)


5 comments:
That reminds me of a similar discussion Jimmy and I had regarding a plastic folding table and chairs I had Jimmy pick up for Thanksgiving when I realized we were short on seating.
me: Hon...Why did you only buy three chairs?
Jimmy: Because we're only short three chairs for dinner.
Me: but the table seats four... why didn't you pickup four chairs??
He had to make two trips to Costco that day..... :o)
soooooooo cute!! I've had some similar conversations and now we have 2 tables and 6 little chairs LOL and she will get a lot of use out of it!
She is so cute! You might need to go back to Ikea and get two more chairs though. What if she has more than 1 friend over?!
LOL!! I think Bill would have the same argument. I think I would go back to Ikea and get 2 more chairs...she looks like a very popular girl:)
Too cute. Addy got one for Isabella too. She got 4 chairs though!!!! She is just getting so big
Post a Comment