Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Game Night!

Many of you know that we have Family Game Night every Saturday night with Mike's side of the family. It's a tradition that has been going strong for years now, and we rarely miss it. However this past Saturday Mike and I cheated on Game Night with....another Game Night! Our friends the Way's hosted a game night at their house, so Mike and I went while Carina stayed at Grandma and Grandpa's house as our delegate for family game night. The Way's game night is intense: People are divided into teams, which change each round. As teams earn points, individual members are earning the points their teams earn. (I don't know if that makes sense-like I said it's intense!) They have a wheel to spin, and you play whatever the wheel lands on. You never knew if you were going to play Catch Phrase, Cranium, Taboo, Oodles of Doodles, Trivial Pursuit, Scene It, or even Operation! Everyone was pretty competitive, but luckily the sangria slowed a few reflexes. In the end the five people with the most points played against each other in the Elimination Round to determine the ultimate winner. Guess who won???
ME!!!

That's right, I won and I did my crazy happy dance because I don't normally win anything...I have to credit my mad gaming skills...and a little luck in answering a Trivial Pursuit question...seriously,how do people know some of that stuff? So the extremely coveted Game Night trophy came home with me.
The Chrome Gnome!

I think John was genuinely upset to see the Gnome leave, and so to help ease his pain we are going to document the Gnome's life while he is in our possession. So far he has been to Sausalito and Rodeo Beach! Thanks to John and Jessica for an incredibly fun evening...you can try to win the Gnome back next year!

2 comments:

mommyreview.com said...

that sounds like an awesome game night!!

13 is our Lucky Number said...

Sounds like a ton of fun....Are you sure you won???