Last week Carina and I flew down to So Cal for Aiden's 1st birthday! Aiden is my best friend Jenny's son, and we were very excited to spend his special day with him. However, the day is extra special, because Aiden not only shares his birthday with his dad Jimmy, but also Jimmy's mom Barbara! That's right-Grandma, Daddy, and baby all born on the SAME day! How often does that happen?! So of course this party was a big deal since it was their first birthday all together. Mike wasn't able to go because he was taking a summer school class, so it was just me and the Bean. We
barely made our flight out of Oakland due to a traffic accident on the 580: We checked in at 7:53 a.m. and our flight left at 8:10! Luckily there were very nice people who gave me cuts in line, and we ran all the way to the gate. Carina of course didn't really understand that we were late, so while I'm running carrying her she's saying, "Wheee! Go Mommy! Go fast!" As if I needed another reminder of how out of shape I am! Running with a 22 pound kiddo is great cardio.
Once we arrived in Ontario, my parents picked us up and we went out to lunch with my grandma Mimi. Carina used her best manners and Mimi was very impressed ;o)

After that, it was party time! We had a great time celebrating with everyone. Carina enjoyed playing with Aiden's presents, and I enjoyed sneaking a Jello shot with Jenny in the kitchen! Why didn't I think to have those at Carina's first birthday? It's still hard for me to believe that my best friend and I have kids of our own-we've been friends since we were 13! She is such an amazing friend and mommy and I miss her all the time...but if we lived closer to each other the people at Gymboree would probably know us by name, and that would not be so good.
Me & My Bestie (I have always wanted to use that word!)
Bean loves balloons!
The Ballesteros Birthday Trio: Barbara, Jimmy & Aiden
Thanks for such a fun party you guys! Looking forward to next year!
2 comments:
Hey Bestie...I miss you..GREAT job on the blog. I don' thave a pic of the 2 of them with their cakes...I am really going ot have to download thos pics your dad snet me.
There's nothing wrong with the people at gymboree knowing your name:) Mine have my cell phone number and they know certain items that I'm looking for so they call me if they come across anything....I know...I have issues:)
Post a Comment