Monday, June 22, 2009
Happy Father's Day!
We had a fun weekend celebrating Father's Day! We went to the San Francisco Zoo on Saturday with tickets we won at the Bid Night auction. Carina LOVED seeing all of the animals. We even got to see a few of the baby animals they have there! Thanks to the nap she took in the car on the way down there, we were able to stay for several hours and didn't miss anything. Carina seemed to like the monkeys, giraffes, and petting the goats in the petting zoo the best.
Carina saw this and said, "Hi giraffe! What are you doing? Eating the tree?"
Striking a pose with butterfly wings-she's a bit short for the full effect.
Petting a Spider Box Turtle
She ran up to this bird, gave it a hug and said, "I love it!" Our little ham :o)
Sunday morning I made breakfast and we talked to my grandparents in Texas and my parents on Skype. What would we do without web cams? Later Mike went out with "Uncle Neil" to get his unexpected Father's Day present-an iPhone! His Blackberry stopped working, and to make a long story about bad customer service short, he ended up switching to AT&T and getting an iPhone. I think he is in love...we are now referring to it as "THE present", covering any event in which it is customary to give him a gift. I personally think the gift Carina gave him is better-we went to the Pottery Studio in downtown Santa Rosa and she painted a ceramic tile with her hand print on it for him. It turned out really good, and she had a lot of fun making it. Does iPhone have an app for artwork made by your daughter? I don't think so! ;o) Happy Father's Day Mike! You are such a wonderful Daddy and we love you very much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment