It was ridiculously hot here this past weekend, so on Sunday after a quick stroll through the farmer's market in Sebastopol with our friends Susan and Savannah, Carina and I stopped at Screaming Mimi's ice cream parlor. If you have never been there you MUST go because their ice cream is fantastic! The only bummer is that it's priced by weight, so it can get expensive if you aren't careful. However, I noticed that if you tell them you want a small, they put a tiny scoop of whatever flavor you want and ask, "Is this enough?" When it is nearly 100 degrees outside, no, a tablespoon of coconut sorbet is NOT enough! So then they put a much larger scoop in...you can almost hear them thinking "cha-ching!" Then you have a larger amount than you intended but you don't care because your skin is practically melting off of your body so you aren't thinking clearly. Luckily Carina is still ok with sharing with Mommy so it wasn't too bad. (I just realized I am really starting to sound like Mike if I think the 16 year old ice cream parlor employee is conspiring to load up my ice cream bowl so I have to pay more.)
All of the chairs are painted different colors with the names of the flavors on them. I didn't realize Carina sat in a chair that matched the color of her dress, LOL!
All of the chairs are painted different colors with the names of the flavors on them. I didn't realize Carina sat in a chair that matched the color of her dress, LOL!


3 comments:
I feel left out...This is one place we have never been. Hey about us getting away...Lets plan something next summer. Maybe the 3rd weekend of July. We need to pick a weekend like that and just do it. But I went overboard for the party and need to save some dough.
that dress is so cute. And I don't judge when it comes to ice cream/sorbet/frozen yogurt quantities. Isn't it technically a beverage anyway since it melts in your mouth? :)
So fun! I don't think that cup looked big enough:)
LOVE her dress...I can't wait till Hayley can start wearing those cute dresses:)
Post a Comment