Anyway, on with our adventures in the Centennial State! (I just learned that from a children's map of the U.S puzzle)
My rock star grandparents drove up to meet everyone from their home in Granbury, Texas. It is about a 12 hour drive and they are both in their eighties, hence them earning the title of rock stars. They split the drive into 2 days, so they arrived early Monday morning. After a pancake breakfast with the whole fam, we went to the Butterfly Pavilion in Westminster. What a fun place! It was 5 minutes from Lori & Steve's house, and has a big tropical conservatory full of beautiful butterflies. They would even land on you!
Great opportunities for Mike to use the super camera-I love this one
Grammy checking to see if any butterflies are hitching a ride on the Bean
Counting all the butterflies
I look at this picture and my heart melts...just like the marshmallow.
We also got to experience some incredible weather in Colorado. As we walked out of the Pavilion, there were some serious thunderclouds overhead, and within seconds we were in the middle of a significant downpour. Later that evening, we stood out on the front porch listening to the thunder and watching the lightening flash almost nonstop across the sky. It wasn't long before a tornado warning was issued. That was a little disconcerting! The storm eventually passed and we were all safe and sound, but apparently it did some damage to other parts of the city. Carina and my Grandad slept through the whole ordeal. I think Carina may have crashed due to all the sugar she had eating her very first s'more that we made over the barbecue:
Hi, I'm eating lots of refined sugar and loving it!
The funniest thing about her eating the s'more is that she did not like how it stuck to her fingers. She would say, "Wipe it off please, it's stuck on me. Mommy, it's on my finger!" Apparently, being high maintenance is hereditary! She ate a few bites of it, then called it a night.
The next day my parents were leaving to start their long drive home, so we took a family photo before they hit the road. (minus Darla dog, who does not pose well)
The next day my parents were leaving to start their long drive home, so we took a family photo before they hit the road. (minus Darla dog, who does not pose well)


4 comments:
I wait to see how your adventure ends. It's like reading a New York Times Best Seller!!
I love the family picture!! You all are so photogenic!
P.S. Glad you didn't get swept away in a tornado!!
They say in Colorado..."I fyou don't like the weather wait 10 minutes." I think our vacatoin next summer (if it's not a cruise) is going to be DENVER!!!!! You make it sound like so much fun. But I guess I need to get a super camera and rockstar grandparents first!!!!
Thanks for telling me that it was a banana in that picture.
Post a Comment