Sunday, July 12, 2009

First Haircut!

I didn't think we would get Carina's hair cut for a while, but so much of her hair parts to the right and constantly hangs in her face. I think she was using the extra long hairs to catch food in to save for a later snack. I can pull it up into a pony tail, or use barrettes to clip it back, but they either fall out or get pulled out when discovered. So this past Thursday I took her to Kid's Cuts in Rohnert Park. Jill, the owner/stylist, was SO great with her! Carina was a bit skeptical at first, but then she saw all of the toys to play with and quickly decided this was a good place to be. After letting her acclimate a bit, I plunked her in the chair with a toy Tigger she had found still in hand. She started to cry, but then Jill zoomed in with her lollipop bucket. Carina was instantly intrigued and picked out a raspberry one. I don't think she took it out of her mouth the rest of the time we were there-I couldn't get a picture of her without it! Jill trimmed her bangs (she saved the first snip of hair for us too!) and Carina was in lollipop euphoria and hardly noticed. I didn't want her to cut any off the back since I love how long it is getting, which made the end result look slightly mullet-like but overall very cute. So our first experience getting a haircut (or in Carina's eyes: first experience with a lollipop) was a memorable one!
I love the look on her face-classic "What is going on?!"

All finished! Such a big girl!

After the haircut we went over to SSU to visit Mike and his mom at work so they could see her new do. The campus had some beautiful flowers so I tried to take some pictures of Carina with them. She loves to smell the "flowlers". This is what she looks like when she is "sniffing":


After that she said, "Oh, smells beautiful!" (pronounced "booo-ti-ful"). This child gets more and more hysterical every day!

5 comments:

13 is our Lucky Number said...

Too fun...I love it!!!!

Michelle Wing said...

That is where I took Andrew for his first haircut. I love her new hairdo.

Bill and Paige said...

her hair is getting so much blonder!

mommyreview.com said...

Flipping cute, we still haven't cut Ryan's hair and now she's refusing to have it done.

Meg said...

love the bangs!