Thursday, July 30, 2009

Colorado Part 3: Go Rockies! (sorry Giants...)

On with the story...

Tuesday night we drove into downtown Denver. We decided to give Lori & Steve their house back and stay in a hotel for the last two nights of our trip. We had price-lined a room at the Downtown Sheraton which is right on the 16th Street Mall, and when we checked in Mike sweet talked them into upgrading us to a suite! ( So I guess he "suite-talked" them....I know I know, groan) The room was HUGE-it had a living room type area totally separate from the bedroom, with a t.v. in each room. Carina got to watch Sesame Street in the living room while we had the Today show on in the bedroom (I have missed Meredith, Matt, Al and Ann). Carina thought it was awesome-she kept running around (plenty of room for her to do that) saying, "Look! I in the HOTELLL ROOOOOOOM!" This was after she took an impressive nap-explain to me why we have not yet invested in black out curtains?! Both mornings she slept in until 8 a.m. and we had to wake HER up!
(quick shout out to the impressive staff at the Sheraton, except for the guy who asked my Grammy if she needed a wheelchair...you are lucky to still be alive. My Grammy was about to go all Chuck Norris on you!)

That night we drove over to Lori's office, got a quick tour of her work, and walked to Coors Field. Her office is just a few blocks away-bonus! Free parking! We were all so excited to take Carina to her first baseball game...Mike felt a little guilty that it wasn't going to be with the Giants, but she thinks any baseball game she sees IS the Giants so it was o.k. After entering the stadium we headed straight for a gift shop. Mike got a Coors Field hat and shirt (he won't support the Rockies, only their stadium) and Lori and Steve bought Carina a Rockies hat & shirt. She immediately put the hat on backwards and would not wear it any other way.
As soon as Carina saw the field, she was pointing and shouting, "Baseball! Go Giants!" Lori and I taught her to say, "Go Rockies!" so they wouldn't kick us out. We went to our seats, watched the game for a while, then set off to explore the stadium. Coors Field is an incredible ball park: good food, polite staff, and my favorite: kid friendly! They even have a concession stand called Buckaroos that is just for kids, complete with a kid sized condiment stand! Carina and I each enjoyed an ice cream from there for $3.00 total. Mike was very impressed with the park as well, and he was happy to add it to his growing list of ball parks he has been to in the country.Seriously, can they look any more alike?! They even smile the same way!
My favorite part was during the 7th inning stretch when we sang "Take Me Out to the Ballgame". This is one of Carina's favorite songs, and I told her that all of the people in the stadium would be singing it. When the time came, she was in awe. She was probably thinking, "How do all of these people know MY song?" We ended up staying until almost the end of the 8th inning before we decided it would be a good idea to head out and beat the crowd. Mike and I were a little surprised Carina lasted that long, but she was having a blast and probably would have made it through the whole game. She actually watched the game!
The Rockies ended up losing to the Diamondbacks, so that made Mike happy too. We will definitely be taking Carina to another baseball game again soon-she's still talking about it! Thanks Lori & Steve for a super fun time!
As we were walking back to the car, Mike was carrying Carina and I heard this conversation:
"Daddy, I go to a baseball game!"
"Yes, you did!"
"I say Go Rockies!"
"Yeah, you did! We watched the Rockies play baseball."
"Daddy? I have fun at the baseball game!"
"That's good! I had fun too Bean."
(Bean gives Daddy huge smooch-MUAH!)

He is just the best Daddy ever...moments like that put a smile on my face and in my heart.

6 comments:

13 is our Lucky Number said...

She is such a big girl and very patient like her mommy. But I have to say...that um..>Jimmy is the BEST daddy in the whole world. :-)
BTW...Miss Teacher did you proofread? LOL>>>>> Ha HA Ha...Loving it.

Liz Robitaille said...

tsk, tsk.... I found the error too!! lol
Carina sounds so cute! We (You, Jenny, Stacy and I) should all get together again with our little ones later this year. After October, so I will have a little one to bring too!

13 is our Lucky Number said...

I can't find it now...LOL> I am trying to hard...but I did find a 2nd one this morning...He He He!!!!

Kimi said...

You two are taking entirely too much pleasure in this...and if you are counting the way I describe Carina speaking, that is incorrect because they are direct quotes. Just remember that turn about is fair play...

13 is our Lucky Number said...

its not in the Bean Talk...LOL>..and I'm not a grammar freak...it is fun!!!!

Ali C. said...

That little conversation between Bean and Mike made me smile. That's the best. Ahhh, I can't wait for J to talk to us. Love it.