Monday, November 17, 2008

Aquarium Trip

We decided on Friday night to take a trip to the newly remodeled aquarium at the CA Academy of Sciences in San Francisco. I love spontaneous trips, especially when they postpone the ever present household chores! So we left early Saturday morning and arrived right when it opened. I highly recommend checking this place out-the exhibits were amazing! Although it was pretty crowded, we were able to see what we wanted to see and avoided any major stroller collisions. I have to say the best part for me was watching Carina take everything in. She was totally enthralled with the fish and other sea life, and she walked around pointing and saying, "WOW!" You really do look at the world differently when you consider the perspective of someone who is experiencing things for the first time. Thanks to Grandma Gloria and Grandpa Dave for suggesting the trip! Here are some pictures and video of our fun family day!
"Wow! Fish!"

Daddy sharing his love of the ocean with the Bean

It looks like she could just slip right in!




One Penguin Puppet: $29.99
One happy little girl cracking up at penguin puppet long enough for a good video clip and then leaving gift shop without the aforementioned puppet: PRICELESS

6 comments:

13 is our Lucky Number said...

Too cute!!!! She even kissed the puppet and you did get it for her. I noticed her signing "more". What a sweet little girl.

Kimi said...

Are you kidding? That thing cost as much as admission! Nope, that penguin still lives in the gift shop.

Michelle Wing said...

That looks like so much fun! We'll have to put that on the places to go with Andrew.

13 is our Lucky Number said...

But I thought you taught her how to get money out of daddy's wallet...I need to teach that little one some things.

Ali C. said...

It's like reading a full US Weekly in line at Walmart and then finishing it before they ring you up. Wonderful.

mommyreview.com said...

Love it, She will LOVE Sea World. Ryan adored it, we took her around age 1. Isn't seeing their faces light up priceless?

I know I wish we could go to Twilight together too. I miss my sisters! Some day we'll move back to CA.

Oh Cheryl is pregnant too!