Only 17 more years until I can register to vote!
Regardless of your political views and beliefs, having the right to vote is an incredible privilege we have in this country. I hope everyone that could vote did so today, and more importantly, I hope everyone made INFORMED choices. Even if the results are not what you wanted, you can at least take solace in the fact that you voted for what YOU believed is best for your state and your country. Respect the viewpoints of other people even if you do not agree, because everyone is entitled their own political opinions whether we like it or not.I voted absentee for the first time ever. I have to admit I missed going to a polling place...there is something exciting and patriotic about standing at miniature cubicle to cast your vote. However the thought of entertaining Carina for who knows how long at a polling place was something to consider. As silly as it sounds, I talked to her about what was going on today. We dressed in red, white and blue and I tried to read the book Vote! to her (it's a little long for a 13 month old...and yes of course as a teacher I have literature for every occasion!) I want her to grow up with a love for her country, and to learn that you can stand up for what you believe in even when others don't agree. Things may not go your way, but if you can fight with respect and dignity then you can always be proud of your part in the outcome. I'm proud to have been a participant in this election no matter what!



3 comments:
Love the outfit. That's so cute! I totally agree with you. Yeah, voters!
Carina is the cutest little girl! I love her outfit.
Great Blog...I to talked to Aiden about yesterday. this morning on our walk I explained to him the importance of what just happened. I told him...Honey you might not always agree with what the outcome of the system is but you must always BELIEVE in the system itself. I need that book!!!
Post a Comment