Dear Carina-Bean,
We can't believe that it has been 9 months since you came into the world and changed our lives. You make us smile every day, and you never cease to amaze us with how much you grow and learn every minute. We are also growing and learning as Mommy and Daddy, and we hope you will be patient with us as your parents! The only thing I know for sure we are doing exactly right is loving you to pieces. Love is one thing you will always have plenty of!
I feel so lucky to be able to have the summer off to spend with you. You started crawling one week after school let out, which was thrilling to watch! We call you our little crab, crawling around with one foot flat and dragging your other leg tucked underneath you. It is a very unique style, and it definitely gets you to where you want to go! You also like to crawl while holding things in your hands: small stuffed animals, plastic rings, and the little hooks that were for hanging toys above you on your tummy time mat. I guess you always want to make sure you have something to play with!
You recently started to pull yourself up to stand. This is starting to make me nervous because I feel like at any moment you are going to let go and toddle around the house. Of course that would be exciting, but I'm not in a hurry for you to grow up so fast. Slow down baby...you're getting so big!
You love so many things because you're such a happy girl: Bailey, Gizmo, reading books, Joe's O's, bananas, bouncing, riding on Daddy's shoulders, dancing and singing with Mommy (you may be tone deaf!) going on walks, cruising around in the front pack, taking baths, and crawling around the house. I know I'm forgetting things, but you really seem to enjoy everything in your little world so far!
You don't like: Sleeping through the night...we are working on this though! You fight sleep like Muhammed Ali. Mommy and Daddy are very tired and we are trying to help you learn to sleep and soothe yourself. It has not been easy, and you break my heart when I see you peering through the bars of your crib with tears rolling down your cheeks. We comfort you and don't leave you alone, but you stay in your crib. We hope this gets easier for everyone.
Sometimes you don't like being in the car and you are quite vocal about it. Usually if you get fussy in the car I sing you a goofy song originally sung by Elmo and you will smile and clap. Whatever works, I always say!
Thank you for blessing our lives with such joy and laughter. We love watching you learn about the world around you, taking everything in with those beautiful brown eyes. You are our Carina Bean, Kiddo Kiddo, Peanut, Baby Boo, and Munchkin. Happy 9 month birthday-WE LOVE YOU!
Love,
Mommy & Daddy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I love this....keep writing to her..one day it will mean a lot!!!!
Post a Comment